Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Warby Parker

For todays Wednesday Wants (more like needs actually) I am highlighting the company Warby Parker for their most excellent selection of all nerdy eye-glass wear AND for their humanitarian efforts in donating a pair of glasses for every pair purchased.

 I recently lost my very cool, very expensive Dita glasses and am in DIRE need of a replacement.

Here are the Dita's I had:


Now don't get me wrong, I loved these glasses. However, the bridge (nose part connecting the two lenses (only providing a definition because I myself did not know what this "nose part" was called)) did have the tendency of creating an illusion of a unibrow, too make me look like this:  


NOTE: paintings/drawings of Frida greatly exaggerate her UNI in case you were wondering. Her real uni isn't that bad. 

In any event, I was more going for this look:



Which brings me to my current dilemma, my want/need of similar looking rims, but my desire to not resemble Frida, and Warby Parker has just the pair. The only problem is that there are just too many to choose from. Here are some of my fave's.

The Ainsworth:


The Preston:



The Mallory:


The Beckett:


Thoughts/Opinions? Please share. Oh wait, no one is following me. A girl can dream. 


P.S. Just came across this pic of Ally Hilfiger while looking for cool celebs in eye-glasses (remember her from that MTV show?) and am slightly put-off by how much we look like. My friends will appreciate this (friends, where are you??). 






No comments:

Post a Comment