Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mira Duma

So I have been totally obsessing over Mira Duma lately. Well, not lately... more like every time I come across a picture of her...which is every two seconds now thanks to New York Fashion Week. Love it when my obsessions become that much easier/clearly I'm not the only one with a serious fashion crush.



















I mean could she look any freaking cooler in this pink hat?? No, she can't. Unless, of course, you are comparing her to any other of her overly awesome getups (enjoy below). I can't even begin to tell you the lengths that I've gone to get that exact hat (the brand is Staccori, the hat is called Tak-ori and NO they do NOT sell them online).  Do I care that I live in Miami where the average yearly temperature falls somewhere along the line of NEVER needing a hat like that EVER? No. Why? Because being practical is like only buying what you need; a total eff-ing drag.


Image via Vogue.com


Image Via Elbows and Knees Blog

Okay, I think I've made my point. She is an international fashion icon. My crush/obsession/whatever you call this devotion to a stranger, Mira permanently pulled on my heart strings when I noticed her Timberlands featured on thecoveteur.com. Background: I recently had an argument with a friend over my desire to get a pair of Tims.  I was going to NY and in the market for a pair of cold-weather boots. My friend advised me against the purchase, claiming they reminded her of what boys would wear in middle school hoping to boost their desire to look ghetto.  I purchased them despite my friend's protests. 


Lo and behold, as I'm checking out Mira's closet on thecoveteur.com (becoming more and more jealous), I see this: 




While I wear whatever I want anyways, I can't help but feel proud. Getting validation from Mira is the equivalent to a thumbs up from Karl.  So thank you, Mira. You're a stud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment