Monday, February 11, 2013

HELLO HELLO

Welcome to HDBoutique Blog! As this is my first attempt at creating a Blog, and the challenges to which have prevented me from starting much sooner, please be easy on me. 

I have been so impressed and inspired by the creativity and beauty I see daily on the Blogs I frequently visit that I have shied away from having one of my own. But I am also aware of the mass benefits of blogging and so here I am.


First I'd like to share a little about myself. I am a recent law school graduate who has decided to forego the practice of law to pursue my real passion - home decor. 


I am slightly ashamed to confess that I have always been an avid consumer. I just love products. And I love shopping. However, recently I have been much more fascinated, consumed even, with products for the home and the way a home can transform, even inspire one's life. 

So, after three years of law school, and with countless hours spent browsing blogs, looking at beautiful pictures and envying homes (much of this done whilst I was "taking notes" during lecture classes), here I am, starting where many others have started before, with my very own Blog. 

So for my first post, I'd like to share with you a photo that highlights one of my favorite things: VELVET!


Jackie Asters Manhattan Library 


Not to mention the fabulous Souk rug that I have been coveting for my own apartment, albeit a much more inexpensive version from West Elm, see below. 

AND I'm a huge fan of the silver and yellow combo as seen here and here 





I mean, seriously, how GORG is that headboard. 

So, how did I do? Amazing? Thanks! 

Till next time,
AB


1 comment: