Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Breakfast At Tiffany's

Tuesday Museday's

I'd like to start off this tuesday with a new trend for the blog: Tuesday Musedays. It shall be my goal to present a new muse either inspired by real life or fiction for your viewing satisfaction.  I hope that by publishing that this is in fact my goal,  I am not subjecting myself to fated doom by failing to keep up with such a task (yes, I understand its hardly ambitious at all... however, I do not fair well when it comes to things that are regular and scheduled).

My first Tuesday Museday post is inspired by Audrey Hepburn playing Holly in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I watched the movie for the first time on Sunday and was in total awe.

I hope you'll find yourself similarly inspired by these images.  And although her LBD featured in the very first scene (notably absent in this post)  is considered one of the most iconic items of clothing in the history of movie cinema, it was every OTHER outfit that really struck a cord with me.  

THAT HAT.






























THAT COAT.

Image

THAT SOFA.

image

THAT GOLD PHONE.

image

THOSE STACKED WHITE SUITCASES

Image


Image
























JUST HER. This was definitely one of my favorite scenes.

Image

Holly: "Do you think she's talented, deeply and importantly talented?
Paul aka Fred: "No. Amusingly and superficially talented, yes. But deeply and importantly, no."


Image
Image

THAT EYE MASK AND THOSE EAR PLUGS.


Image


THAT DRESS AND CIGARETTE HOLDER. 

Image

And if these images have got you feeling the mean reds (either because people just don't dress like this anymore, or you only wish you could look as cool as Holly), follow Holly's advice, darling, and go on down to Tiffany's.

Holly: "What I've found does the most good is just to get into a taxi and go to Tiffany's. It calms me down right away, the quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there, not with those kind men in their nice suits..."

(Even though I do believe that my jealousy over my inability to purchase anything there certainly wouldn't help those mean reds.... but perhaps Holly knows best). 



No comments:

Post a Comment