Monday, April 22, 2013

Office Redo

Hey Hey and Happy Earth Day (and Monday too)!!

So I have FINALLY convinced my mother to dispose of the awful furniture that made up the housekeepers room slash dogs room. The furniture was so ugly and therefore the room was so ugly that no other human dare go inside. Not to rank on sweet Norma (my parents housekeeper) for she often used the room as a respite from her daily duties/activities but I'm certain she wasn't occupying that room because she loves it so, but rather out of a desire to avoid being seen not doing her duties.

Now that the furniture is gone, we can finally decorate it the way it should have been when my parents moved into their house three years ago.  As my mother and I have taken over my fathers home office as our own (against serious protests) our time has finally come to make an office of our own (sorry Norma, you're being kicked out).

Here are some ideas I have:

1. A Shared Desk









2. Bulletin Board/ Inspiration Board Wall 





Now to Accomplish these ideas, here are some of the items I'm thinking of:

For the Shared Desk: West Elm Parsons Dining Table


Or Two Parsons Desks side by side so my mother and I have our individual space:


Corkboard from Pottery Barn:


Colorful Rug Options:




Office Chair:





Storage Box:


Pencil Holder:


Lucite Tray (available at ShopHDB.com):


Tape Dispenser:


Scissors:



No comments:

Post a Comment