Friday, April 5, 2013

Bling Bling

The Return of the rings... no this is not a Lord of the Rings parody (although witticism I will award myself) and yes I do mean rings in the plural. Now I know the comparison I am about to make is one between movies/shows of the current time and a current trend but it doesn't disqualify the fact that what is portrayed in these current movies/shows is only a reflection of a prior period in time. What am I talking about you ask? Well its the return of rings. The displaying of your bling bling on not just one finger, or even one hand, but going HAM on all ten. Let me exemplify:

PAST:




(Note: yes, I know, this is a totally weird picture, but it was the best picture I could find of his bling).

PRESENT:





I am totally right, aren't I? The display of bling/ multiple rings has not been this trendy since medieval times when people of wealth would wear their jewels to show their status. In modern times, we might be wearing the bling just for style, but I dig the comparison. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment